All government schools in Victoria have School Councils.
They are legally formed bodies, which are given powers to set the key directions of a school. In doing so, a School Council is able to directly influence the quality of education provided to its students.
2023 School Council Members
Emma Stevic – President Brenton Williams – Vice President Tim Bolge – Treasurer
Stuart Campbell, Luke White, Dot Coghlan, Ben Soumilas, Paris Buckley, Katrina Houston, Tanya Starkey, Prue McCarthy, Leesa Pocklington, Reuben Evans, Ben O’Leary, Byron Hill
The School Council has responsibilities for developing such things as:
- The school’s strategic plan, which sets out the main goals and priorities of the school for 3 years.
- The school’s budget, which shares out the available resources to enable the plans in the charter to be carried out.
- The general education policy of the school.
- The physical appearance and maintenance of the school’s buildings and grounds.
- The student code of conduct.
- An annual report on the school’s achievements.
Each year the school is required to report to its community
through an annual report of School Council. The Annual Report provides information on student achievement and curriculum delivery at the school. It also provides information about staff development and the school’s financial planning.
Joining our school council
Parents on council provide important viewpoints and have valuable skills, which help in shaping the direction of our school. All parents are welcome to join our school council. Please contact the school on 56674600 for more information.